The Services That We Offer
Up-to-date technology and compassionate care for all who seek treatment
These are the major services that are offered by the clinic
- Visual Acuity (with and without pinhole for adults)
- Age appropriate measurement of visual acuity in children
- Auto Refractometer
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of anterior and posterior segments of the eye (fundus examination)
- Diabetic patient by retinal examination
- Perimetry for outpatients
- Measure IOL calculation for our outpatients
- Chalazion Excision
- Corneal Scraping
- Lid surgery? (e.g. for entropion)
- Probing and irrigation of lacrimal canaliculi and sac
- Cataract Surgery
- ECCE (Extra Capsular Cataract Extraction)
- SICE (tunnel)
- Phaco- emulsification
- Glaucoma surgery
- Laser Capsulotomy
- Laser Iridotomy to decrease intraocular pressure
- Undergraduate student doctors
- Postgraduate student doctors
- Optometry students – Work Experience
- Orphanages, Infirmary and blind centre
- Primary Schools for examinations and glasses prescriptions
- Assisting Doctors Without Borders’ with war injuries and traffic accidents
The Remote Eye Clinic
In the past, the staff visited schools to offer vision exams and recommend prescriptions for spectacles if needed. For many years the staff have held “remote clinics”, offering treatment and surgery in areas quite remote from Aden, including Socotra Island, Mokha and the UNHCR camp for Somali refugees 200 km west of Aden.
However, since the troubles began it has not been safe to travel out of Aden, especially with expensive medical equipment.
We hope that it will soon become safe enough for the Clinic to once again start the “remote clinics” to the towns outside of Aden to offer much needed eye care.
no one becomes poor by giving
The Eye Clinic is supported almost entirely by donations.
Give the gift of sight to many by giving today.